Senior Linux DevOps Engineer
- Требуемый опыт работы
- От 6 лет
- Полный день
- Не имеет значения
Ooma, Inc Engineering Infrastructure team is looking for a Senior Linux DevOps Engineer to design,
build, implement, customize, package, and support open-source projects and operating system
technologies supporting large-scale Linux systems to support our rapid growth and expansion. You will
play a meaningful role in day-to-day operations of services with a broad impact across product and
customer experiences. Partnering with highly skilled engineering teams, you will solve complex
problems using both open-source and in-house tooling to support business initiatives.
- Competitive salary
- Life-work balance
- Flexible working day
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Medical insurance
- Gym membership
- Corporate English classes
- Support development and production environments, utilizing various open-source technologies and tools to orchestrate solutions.
- Contribute to building, customizing, and packaging open-source projects based on Linux, Git, Python, and Bash.
- Support and improve CI/CD.
- Build and configure RPM from scratch.
- Build and maintain numerous open-source packages, incorporating CI/CD and containerization principles; bonus for integrating unit testing.
- Write scripts (Python, Bash, etc.) for automation tasks.
- Serve as the general Linux go-to person for the whole team and company.
- Update the deployment of SSH keys to all development/QA nodes.
- Update RPM into various Linux distros and create custom RPMs.
- Debug issues as they arise; respond to escalated tickets.
- Debug CI and on-demand Linux Virtual Machines.
- Maintain and debug internal Linux distributions, including upstream pulls, within Linux server distribution environment that mirrors CentOS 7.x and 8.x and various Ubuntu 18.x.
- Update source base from upstream, taking on a large portion of the heavy lifting before handing it to development; example includes build/packaging of MQTT, FreeSWITCH 1.10.
- Install/build Kazoo 5.0 (from 2600hz.org Open Source) to package up their build into apported RPMs.
- Identify and troubleshoot performance and stability issues; assist engineering team in troubleshooting production issues.
- Create and monitor metrics to ensure optimum service availability and uptime.
- Build positive relationships with partner teams on continuous improvement initiatives.
- 5+ years of experience administering complex and distributed Linux environments.
- Proven experience building, maintaining, and packaging various open-source software, based on C, C++, and Erlang.
- Familiarity creating, configuring, and debugging Linux system (native, virtualized, containerized) in Docker / Kubernetes environments.
- Strong comfort debugging Linux distro issues.
- Understanding of build / RPM processes with experience building / configuring a Linux RPM package from scratch.
- Knowledge of routing protocols such as NFS, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, etc.
- Experience with revision control systems like GitHub, GitLab, CI / CD unit testing, and configuration management systems.
- Ability to clone an open-source project in GitLab, configure repositories to build an installable RPM package, and integrate CI into GitLab Runner.
- Ability to handle dependencies in Makefiles and configure the software install using C and C++.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Development, QA, and Production teams.
- Knowledge of Linux, Bash, Python, Systemd, and Git is a must.
- Strong Linux experience, especially with Oracle Linux, CentOS, etc.
- Experience in Docker, VM, Kubernetes is a plus.
- Understanding of OS, systems security / encryption is a plus.